Can an unexplained DVT be a early warning sign of cancer?

As my first blog post I will try to address a very personal problem relating to the death of my own farther from cancer in 2005. 


My Dad died aged 47 of esophagus cancer, but 9 months earlier he had an unexplained DVT which doctors and surgeons were never sure if this could have been a direct cause and ultimately an early warning sign for his later developed cancer. 
I plan to conduct research through the medium of a questionnaire to a variety of cancer sufferers to try and make a link, or not, between DVT's and the changed coagulation of the blood and cancer. Therefore alerting doctors to the possible complications of a unexplained DVT.
I will keep updating my blog as my research and findings continues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment